Benefits of Using a Cooperative Purchasing Contract
- Reduces the administrative burden of time & money typically associated with the public bidding process
- Provides participating agencies opportunities for greater efficiency in acquiring goods & services
- Cost savings through nationally leveraged pricing
- No cost to participating agencies
- Enables participating agencies to take advantage of state-of-the-art purchasing procedures to ensure the most competitive contracts
Keystone Purchasing Network – KPN
The Central Susquehanna Intermediate Unit (CSIU) initiated its cooperative purchasing program in 1974. Originally created as the Pennsylvania Education Joint Purchasing Council (PAEJPC), the program offered area members opportunities to save on basic supplies. In the ensuing years, the PAEJPC expanded membership to allow statewide entities throughout Pennsylvania the opportunity to utilize our contracts. In the year 2000, PAEJPC became a member of the Association of Educational Purchasing Agencies (AEPA). Through this partnership, the PAEJPC could offer members additional commodities in Pennsylvania and neighboring states. These programs and their successes were the building blocks for the national program that we offer today, known as The Keystone Purchasing Network (KPN).
KPN is a cooperative purchasing program that offers premier products and excellent service at competitive prices under each contract. KPN will work on your behalf to secure volume-pricing contracts that meet or exceed your expectations!
KPN Mission Statement - We shall exceed our members expectations through dedication to anticipating and satisfying their needs while providing services and contracts of superior quality, value and delivery through teamwork with our vendors.
KPN Bid Process - Satisfies the procurement laws of most states.
KPN conducts the following steps of bidding and awarding contracts for commodities and services that meet our members purchasing needs:
- KPN issues Invitations For Bids (IFB) and, as needed, Requests for Proposals (RFP)
- All contracts are publicly and competitively bid
- KPN evaluates sealed bid responses
- Contracts are awarded to the lowest responsive responsible bidder
- Contracts are approved by the CSIU Board of Directors
Cooperative Educational Services - CES
Cooperative Educational Services is a Purchasing Cooperative united by a Joint Powers Agreement to aid Public Schools in New Mexico & aspires to be known as one of the best educational service agencies in the country and the program of choice in New Mexico.
CES is comprised of New Mexico's 89 school districts plus 81 other public education institutions, including charter schools, two and four-year post-secondary institutions, BIA schools and state schools. CES makes purchasing simple for our Members and Participating Entities. We save our participants significant amounts of time and money by soliciting bids and proposals on a state and national level and award contracts on their behalf. CES' Members and Participating Entities also have the assurance that CES contracts offer the best overall value and pricing in compliance with New Mexico Procurement Code. CES brings many advantages to our membership.
- We save your staff time by not having to develop a solicitation, advertise, receive the responses, and evaluate the responses.
- We assist by guiding the member to the appropriate vendor for items they may need.
- Your buying power is enhanced and pricing is reduced through cooperative purchasing.
- Our procurement partners have agreed to provide high quality products and services at a competitively bid price.
- We serve as an advocate for you, the member, in the event there is a problem with your procurement.
CES contracts provide members with choice. When using our contracts, members obtain convenience and peace of mind knowing their procurement meets all state and federal legal requirements.